The Microbiome, the Storybook of the Immune System? A Deep Dive Into the Gut as a Driver of Autoimmune Disease
Functional medicine practitioner, Jo Gamble, will explore the delicate bidirectional interplay between the gut and the immune system in this 90-minute lecture. Jo will explain how this process contributes to the development of chronic diseases and autoimmunity as well as how we can begin to reverse some of the effects of a damaged gut-immune interface.
In this lecture you will learn about:
- How the gut and the immune system affect each other
- The impact of the microbiome on the immune system
- How a broken gut drives an autoimmune reaction
- How to avoid the pitfalls of poor gut health
- Using functional nutrition to support the gut, microbiome and the immune system
CPD has been applied for and all registrants will be sent a recording of the event once it has taken place..
Date: Thursday 10th November 2022
Times: 10:30am – 12pm